Thursday, July 26, 2012

Indexing Marathon


I copied and pasted this straight from https://familysearch.org/node/1726  

Amazing! We passed the 5 million records goal in less than 16 hours and just kept going! Thank you to the 46,091 indexers and arbitrators who participated in this historic event.
Final Record Count:
  • 7,258,151 Indexed
  • 3,082,728 Arbitrated
  • 10,340,879 Total
Celebrate with us. Print and/or share this badge online to let your friends know you helped make history!
badge



Special thanks to McDonald's on North and Calumet for their free WIFI and $1 Diet Coke. My portion of this goal was 400 names. All from the 1940 US Census in Michigan. 


Speaking of the 1940 census. I renewed my Ancestry.com subscription and found both my parents and their families. 


I keep balking at the cost of Ancestry.com, but really, it's money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment