Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tender Mercies: God Likes Me!

First of all, let me just tell you how grateful I am to have my computer back. I must say the Geniuses at the Apple Store at Bay Shore Mall are my new best friends. They gave me great customer service and got my computer back to me in two days rather than the 5 to 7 they had prepared me for. At work, we are reminded to under promise and over deliver. This clearly works, because I can't stop giving the Apple Store free advertising.

Secondly, I have just been raking in the good luck. I found Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak's Who Do You Think You Are? The Essential Guide to Tracing Your Family History. I definitely want to have Megan over for dinner. She speaks my language. I feel like I should at least send her a muffin basket. More on this book in another post.

Third, I was sitting at the piano in Primary (Children's Sunday School for those of you who don't speak Mormon). Half of my brain was focusing on the paralytic perfectionism that has been keeping me from writing anything of substance and it's kept my researching wheels spinning. The next song I played for the kiddos to sing was Families Can Be Together Forever, the last line of which is "the Lord has shown me how I can." I felt as though this song was directed at me.

The Lord knows what I'm trying to do. He knows how to teach me to do the things I'm trying to accomplish. He's putting resources in my path to help me be successful. I just have to look around and recognize them. 

So as the Primary children were singing this song, I felt God tell me, "You're okay Kiddo, just keep plugging along." I've always known that God loves me. Today it feels as though He likes me, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment